Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Bittersweet Martini

I have always been curious about Angostura bitters in drinks, so I finally took the plunge and bought Angostura Orange Bitters because what if I was missing out on something amazing all this time?? I found a recipe online at barnonedrinks.com that I had all the ingredients for and decided to use it as my starting point. My customized Bittersweet martini: 2.5 oz vodka 1/2 oz Campari 1/2 oz Grand Marnier 1/2 oz lemon juice 1/2 oz simple syrup 1 dash orange bitters Place in all ingredients in a shaker 1/2 filled with ice and shake it like a polaroid picture. Pour into martini glass, garnish with orange slice if you have one, otherwise just enjoy and take some deep breaths in gratitude of being off work today 😘 Review: the dash of bitters really comes thru! I like it! Planning to get some citron or mandarin vodka for more citrus kick next time.

No comments: